Sunday 28 April 2013

Neon Striped Nail Tutorial *GUEST POST*


Morning everyone! (or afternoon..or night depending on when you're reading this!)
So this weeks guest poster is Maria from So Marvellous. Seriously this girl is amazing at nails, I mean look at the photos below! WOULD YA LOOK AT THAT? WOULD YA JUST LOOK AT IT! (Thanks Ayydubs for getting me into saying that phrase, I think I'm driving everyone mad saying it!

Anyway, I'm just going to let Maria get straight into the post!

*********************

Hi! I’m Maria from So Marvellous (http://somarvellous.blogspot.com) and I’m very excited to do a guest post for Emma’s blog, especially since that’s my first guest post ever! Usually I post nail polish swatches or nail art on my blog, but for such an occasion I wanted to create something a bit more special, so this post combines both!
I don’t know about you, but I’m really happy that neon is again a huge trend this spring. I love neons and just can’t get enough of them! For a while I’ve wanted to do a manicure using several neon colours, though I couldn’t come up with a good idea. Then I bought this  colourful bracelet and I immediately knew what I had to do:)


How I did it:

Creating this manicure was really quick and simple. I made a bracelet-matching accent nail and painted the others with a fun glitter top coat.
So this is how I did it:

  1. I used my favourite nude polish Essie Topless and Barefoot as a base, China Glaze Love’s A Beach, American Apparel Neon Yellow and Sally Hansen White On for an accent nail and Clowning Around by an indie brand Lush Lacquer for the other nails. I also used striping tape, a make-up sponge, scissors and tweezers.
  2. I put a coat of white on an accent nail and painted others nude. You don’t need the white to be opaque, it’s just needed to make the neon colours brighter.
  3. I applied the yellow and pink neon shades on a sponge to create a gradient effect and sponged it over the white. I used only two colours, but you can choose more
  4. Then I cut the striping tape in small pieces and applied it with tweezers to create parallel lines. I then put two coats of a nude over them. Then removed the pieces of tape. It’s better to remove them quickly otherwise you can smudge the colours.
  5. And finally I put a coat of neon glitter top coat on the other nails and applied Seche Vite to make the finish smooth. I didn’t want to make neon stripes on all the nails as it would be too bright and perhaps, time-consuming. And this manicure took me only a half and hour and I loved the result:) What do you think of it?
xoxo, Maria

********************************************

Seriously how amazing is this manicure? I can't wait to try it!
Make sure to check out Maria's blog!

If any of you would like to submit a guest post, check out the Guest Blogger tab at the top of the page!



4 comments:

  1. Oh I so love it Maria! You have such pretty nails and the manicure look awesome. ♥

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete

  2. Superb post. Best post I have read in these few days. Keep posting such an valuable information . I suggest you to visit these websites Nail Polish online | Salon services at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually annoying. A good web site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for making this web site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    24k gold serum Multan
    24k gold serum Multan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x