Sunday 9 September 2012

Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation Review





So I've been searching for a good foundation for ages. Ive tried everything from Lancome and Mac to Rimmel and No7! I recently decided to try this after getting my makeup done at a local Smashbox counter.
The Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation claims: ''stay flawless for 15 hours with this photo shoot secret to picture perfect skin. This ultra long wearing formula with UVA/UVB SPF 10 blurs imperfections using light diffusing spheres and delivers natural looking, buildable medium-to-full coverage while keeping skin hydrated and shine free all day. Sweat and humidity resistant. Transfer-proof and oil free''

Ok now I wouldnt say its 'swear and humidity resistant' if you're on a night out but during the day yes it does stay quite well!
I would say its more medium coverage than medium to full.

Im very pale (Thanks Ireland) but I like my foundation a little bit darker than my skin tone just to give myself a little more colour but its not ridiculously dark on me or anything.
The colour I use is 2.1. I wanted 1.2 but the local stockist was telling me that 1.2 is quite hard to get and after waiting a few weeks for it to come in she suggested the 2.1 as its the most similar to 1.2.



It looks quite orange/dark when you initially apply it but once blended in it disappears into my skin.





Overall I do think this is a really nice foundation. You can purchase it for £27.50 here or from your local smashbox counter which you can find here.

Im definitely considering repurchasing this! But I am interested in trying another foundation aswell so if anyone has any suggestions please do share!




6 comments:

  1. what shade would you say it is in mac, a nc 15 or nc 20..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god, I have no clue of the exact shade. I used NW20 in MAC, but I don't even have any of that left to compare them. Sorry I couldn't help.

      Delete
  2. Ooh where are the smashbox make up counters? On the boots website it says it's only online and I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy it without trying for colour ;)

    www.beautycomesfromwithinxox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you go here http://www.smashbox.com/locator/index.tmpl
      it will give you all the locations of the counters/stores!
      I know Im the same I never try new makeup online!

      Delete
    2. Just a heads up, if you're choosing Ireland from the drop down menu make sure to choose the one WITHOUT capital letters, from there you can choose your county. There seems to be two options for United Kingdom too, one capital letters and one not in capital letters. Strange.

      Delete
    3. Yeah it only comes up with boots stores and the boots website says only online :) ahh well will keep searching ^.^
      Thanks for your help :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x