Friday 26 April 2013

Essie - Cute As A Button




LEFT- Without Flash RIGHT - With Flash




Cute As A Button is on the left in the above photo.

Living in a small town in Ireland it's almost impossible to get your hands on Essie nail polish. I'd considered ordering from Fragrance Direct before but to be honest, I didn't like any of the colours. I only had 1 other Essie polish that I'd gotten in a giveaway from a Canadian blogger.
So, you wouldn't believe how excited I was when I saw Sam McCauleys Chemist tweet that they were going to be stocking Essie in a selection of their branches, MY TOWN BEING ONE OF THEM!
The next day, I was in there like swimwear.
The minute I stood in front of the Essie stand it was like the skies opened, the sun shone down and angels started to sing 'AHHHHHHHH' (I may be exaggerating..)

I swatched 5 different colours on each nail. I was going to be good and just get one as at €9.99 they aren't cheap but of course my Mam the enabled was like '€9.99 that's not bad.. sure get two!'' So of course I ended up buying two!

As for the quality, as usual it was great, I find Essie polishes dry extremely fast! I think I'm going to pick up a base and top coat next as my current base coat is all gone and the Essence 'gel like' top coat takes forever to dry!

If you have any favourite colours let me know so I can swatch them the next day I'm at the stand!



4 comments:

  1. SNAP! From Sligo Ireland but go to college in Galway and when I was in boots on shop street it was as you said the sky opened when I saw the stand :) Pricey but worth it, the colors are lovely and I love the names of them don't no why ha

    First Timer is an unreal color for spring/summer :)

    X http://thislifediary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it definitely happens :P
      Definitely I think the names are more fun than numbers!
      Oooh I'll have to have a look for that at the stand!


      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x