Thursday 20 December 2012

Avon SuperExtend Mascara

Excuse the crappy photo I had to use flash as it was night time!

I've wanted to do this post for a few days now but I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to say. To be honest I wasn't sure of my opinion on the mascara.. until I used it this morning.
I hate it. This post is going to be short and sweet because to be honest I haven't much to say about this product.


I've NEVER used a mascara and hated it to the point where I didn't want to use it anymore, I've had mascaras that were a bit 'meh' and didn't lengthen/curl/volumise my lashes too well but I've STILL used it until it was empty, I hate wasting products.
But this? I just can't keep using it. It's driving me mad! It takes me so much longer to do my mascara in the morning because I spend so much time trying to fix the mess this one makes!


I don't know what it is about it, If its the formula or the brush. But it's so hard to work with. Instead of separating my eyelashes it almost makes a few of them clumps together so it looks gap-y.
Even using an eyelash separating brush afterwards doesn't help.


See how spaced out they look? They're all stuck together! Ew. 
The only thing it works for is bottom lashes, the brush is handy for catching them all without getting mascara all over your skin so I might just use it on my bottom lashes so I don't have to waste it and throw it out. 

Bottom line is, This mascara is utter crap. I'll stick to my Benefit They're Real (review here) thanks very much!

Have you tried this mascara? What other mascaras should  I avoid? 
Emma xo



7 comments:

  1. I've only ever tried Avon's Super Curlacious mascara which was quite good, I'm glad I read your post so I know to avoid this! The only mascara I've hated and thrown away before it was used up was Rimmels Scandal Eyes. It made my lashes so clumpy and I hated the big brush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey,
    Really? I'm wary about their mascaras now but I have one coming in the post that I won in a giveaway so I'm interested to see how it turns out!
    Funnily enough I love the Scandal Eyes ahaha, I use it after my they're real to thicken up my lashes but I don't load it on, just a quick swipe!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I haven't tried this one, but all in all I've used many Avon mascaras over the years, and I'm always satisfied. I've tried some "drug store" type mascaras like Maybelline or Rimmel, and never want to do that again. Maybe I'll stop using Avon only when I'll be able to afford high end mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used other Avon products with no problem but I just cant stand this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed that it's always one or another - love or hate with Avon products. And you'll never know until you try it yourself. Lot's of times I've read good reviews and hated the product or the other way around. But Avon make-up is definitely worth trying out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats very true, I've read reviews raving about products that I've hated and I've read negative reviews about products I love!
    I think it just depends on the person and their personal preference!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x