Tuesday 25 December 2012

Personal Post: My Christmas Day Plans

Merry Christmas everyone!
Technically its the 23rd as I'm writing this but I wasn't sure if I'd have time to write up a post on the actual day what with all the family that will be visiting, so I decided to play it safe and schedule one!

I'm not sure if I'll be writing posts throughout the 'holiday' (oooh I feel very American saying that!) period but I might schedule posts so I wanted to take this chance to wish you all a very happy and SAFE Christmas and New Years. If you are planning on going out to celebrate over Christmas and New Years please be careful and stay safe :)
Also as this is my first Christmas on this blog I just want to say thank you to everyone who follows, reads and especially those who comment even if its just to say you liked the product as well, it honestly makes my day.

ANYWAY onto the post!..





My plans for Christmas Day are VERY simple. 
First my whole family will be woken up by whoever wakes up first. This year I told my Mam I was setting an alarm for 6am and she told me she'd knock me out if I did! We'll see Mam ;) 

We'll all go downstairs to see what 'Santa' brought, which is odd this year as none of my siblings believe anymore. Last year was my sisters last year believing in Santa but Mam still got us our 'Santa' presents including a stocking of surprises etc. ANYWAY WAAY OFF TOPIC EMMA.

Then we'll open the wrapped presents under the tree from friends and family before my Dad goes to make us breakfast (a massive fry every year! Yuummyy).

Afterwards everyone goes to get dressed etc. This year I am NOT getting dressed up, we never really go anywhere on Christmas day so its pointless. My planned attire is a cheesy Christmas Jumper, either leggings or jeans and my new favourite black boots. Although I probably wont even be wearing shoes as I'll be inside! I'll probably post a photo on instagram of my jumper (its sooo cute!) so make sure you're following me there!

Then my parents will get cracking on making dinner while my brother, sister and I play around with whatever we got this year. We usually have dinner around 3pm I think. This years It's just going to be my Mam, Dad, brother, sister and me. Usually my grandparents on my Mams side come to our house for Christmas dinner but this year they decided to spend it at their own house. Its seriously pathetic how excited I am for Christmas dinner. I don't know what it is about Irish people but Christmas dinner seems to be 10x better than any other meal throughout the year. I can't wait for desert! (I'm obsessed with trifle, is all I have every single year.)

After dinner, we usually watch tv or Christmas movies in a food coma! This year we're watching TED :D Yaaay! I've been holding off seeing it as I knew it was going to be our Christmas Day movie!

Finally, we have a lot of family planned to visit in the evening so we'll have a full house. Mam is buying quite a bit of drink for that night but I probably wont be drinking much as I'm going out St Stephens night/Boxing Day night. Then again you never know I could just get bored and decide to get absolutely pissed! I'll keep you updated on twitter ;)

So that's my Christmas Day plans, what are your plans or traditions, everything above is definitely a tradition of ours as its the same thing every year!

Follow me on twitter to keep up with my 'holiday' antics. I want to follow you all back to see what you're all up to too!
Emma xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x