Thursday 7 March 2013

Change to my blogging schedule: LATE NIGHT RAMBLE


So if you're a regular reader of my blog (Hi new followers! Welcome!) you'll know I post every second day. I pre-write my posts and schedule them. I don't know how to describe it but it makes me feel..safe. Knowing I have a post ready to go up. I'm the kind of person who panics about not having anything to post about. Having 2 weeks worth of posts pre-written makes me feel better. I think this is my crazy organisation. I think I must have OCD!

Although there is a down side to this. I end up feeling very disconnected and distant from my blog because really, I'm going weeks without writing as I already have posts ready. In my head its like 'oh you don't need to write up anything, you have plenty scheduled'. I know you might say oh sure you can still write more posts to schedule for the next few weeks but honestly it doesn't feel the same. Scheduling posts means I'm writing them, getting excited about them and then you're not seeing them until a week later and I lose my excitement about that particular post. 

So where am I going with this? I'm starting to run out of scheduled posts so when those are gone, I think I'm just going to write and post as I go. No pressure. Maybe I'll schedule them for a few days later but I definitely wont be 'planning' in a sense. If I feel like blogging/have inspiration I'll sit down and blog. If I don't, I won't. I don't ever want this to feel like 'work'. I started it as fun and I want to keep it that way. 
I could have a few posts a week, I could have one (I don't think I'll ever let it come to that!) but it certainly wont be on a set scheduled plan.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up hating it this way and want to go back to my organised crazy self but I'll cross that bridge when it comes! 
I've got a few ideas for posts that I'm quite excited about with this new schedule so I think it's going to be a good few weeks for the blog!

Anyway that was just a late night ramble, I'm going to head to bed now or I'll be wandering round like a zombie tomorrow.

Good night!

4 comments:

  1. I love having couple of posts scheduled, for me the happy medium is to have maybe 1-2 a week that are scheduled and the rest I write as I go.

    I have couple of posts that are on going and take a week to write (like this one http://tarte-aux-fraises.blogspot.ch/2013/02/perfume-challenge-update-1.html) where I add something every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to start a series where I do a weekly post but never know what to do! I think they're handy for when you run out of ideas!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of scheduling posts in advance. I've also been doing this but I understand what you mean by feeling the stress of getting behind when running out of posts. What I usually do when I'm in a slump is flip through some mags(good excuse to go on a magazine haul hehe) and usually something will strike my creative side.

    If an idea comes to me as I'm on the go I use my iPhone notes for example if I'm in a place where I don't have access to my laptop or a good old pen and paper.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, that's my excuse for spending €15 on magazines!
      Thats a good idea about the notes!

      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x