Monday 7 January 2013

Urban Decay: The Dangerous Palette Swatches & Review

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I got the Feminine Palette from Urban Decay in my Christmas stocking. I was also lucky enough to get The Dangerous Palette also! (snaps for Mammy Pretty Things!)
I think these two are the only two palettes I'll be using for a while!

Urban Decay The Dangerous Palette


So as I've mentioned in my previous post, I'm pretty sure these are the OLD edition. I think UD came out with new Feminine, Dangerous and Fun palettes recently with different colours and different 'freebies' or travel sized products in them. 
Personally I prefer the contents of these older palettes.
You can still find these palettes on many websites (ebay, fragrance direct) you just need to look. 


 In this palette you get the Primer Potion in 'Greed' and a 24/7 glide on eyeliner pencil in 'Rockstar' along with the 6 eyeshadows.


Ugh the packaging of this palette is just beautiful. The black is a matte black unlike the shiny lilac of the Feminine Palette. I love the black and gold around the edges as well. 
As with all Urban Decay palettes these do not belong in a drawer, they're born to be displayed proudly on your dressing table.

L-R TOP ROW: Haight, Mildew, Virgin
BOTTOM ROW: Oilslick, Rockstar, Gunmetal 
24/7 Glide on Eyepencil: Rockstar


This palette contains every colour you would need for a dark smokey eye including a gorgeous blue and green for a pop of colour, under the eye or as a liner.

Haight, Mildew, Virgin, Oilslick, Rockstar, Gunmetal

As with all Urban Decay shadows these have amazing pigmentation, just look at that blue! 
I just know these are going to last forever as you really don't need a load of product to get a high intensity colour!
I'm delighted to get another mini primer potion, it means I dont need to buy another full size for a while as it lasts ages! (you really only need a tiny amount of product, you can see a review I did a while ago on the Primer Potion here).

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyepencil in Rockstar €15.50 here

The eyeliner pencil is in this gorgeous 'darkest eggplant' colour (does it seem odd to anyone else to describe it as an eggplant shade? I've never even seen an egg plant before??)
I love the glide on eye pencils, they're so creamy and apply amazingly well. 

I can't wait to start using this palette, I think I'm going to use it for New Years Eve (this post is scheduled btw, I don't time travel) so maybe I'll take a few photos to show you guys?
I always post photos of my makeup on Instagram so make sure to follow me there! (you'll find the button in the sidebar under 'Connect').

Have you tried the dangerous palette yet?
What do you think of the UD palettes?
Emma xo






2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this palette i love urban decay and my naked palettes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really do make the best palettes :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x