Wednesday 5 September 2012

Essence Eyeliner Pen

After using gel eyeliner for almost a year I decided I wanted to try a liquid eyeliner for a change. I picked up the Essence Eyeliner Pen to try. I got mine for €3.09 in a local pharmacy.



 So first off I like the packaging, you know I love me some black packaging! I also like how it's in a pen form which makes it really easy to use. Especially if you've never used a liquid eyeliner.
The nib is quite thick compared to some liquid eyeliners that come in a brush form.

When you first swatch it, it looks quite opaque and dark, which is what drew me to buying it!


But to be honest the opacity doesnt last very long. The first few times you use it, it goes on nice and dark with one swipe, after a few uses you really have to press hard or go over it a few times to get a dark line. EFFORT! Also I find it ironic that it says 'extra long lasting' on the packaging when in fact that is complete bull.


The photos were taken about 20 minutes after application and you can see its already pretty faded.  

Maybe using an eyeshadow primer might help? I just used a concealor all over my eyelids.

I personally wont be buying this again but it's a decent enough eyeliner if you dont mind your eyeliner being.. not dark? I dont know what word to use haha. Then again, what can you expect for €3.09!


Anyway I'm on the hunt again for a liquid liner so if anyone has any suggestionsplease do share!

xo




5 comments:

  1. Try prestige liquid eyeliner. It gets really good reviews at MUA. I just bought it on sale at ulta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We dont have ulta here in Ireland but Ill definitely have to look that up thanks!

      emma xo

      Delete
  2. What a shame! Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to not buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment :)
    And no you should definitely not! I just did a review on the Rimmel Glam Eyes Liner and it is 100x better! You should check that one out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just noticed that youve already read the Rimmel Glam Eyes review, never mind haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x