Sunday 19 August 2012

'Night Out' Makeup Essentials

These are my makeup essentials for a night out!
Ive already done a 'sweatproof your makeup' post with which this post goes along with. This is what I actually take out with me to touch up my makeup and prevent shine.
I usually only take a small bag with me so I really have narrowed it down to the essentials to allow room in my bag for my phone, camera, id, money etc!



1. Blotting Paper
No matter how much you try, you can't prevent yourself getting hot on a night out. Blotting papers are so handy for soaking up excess oil or sweat without wiping off your foundation. You can use tissue paper if you dont want to buy blotting paper but honestly I think the tissue just wipes off all your foundation and its not like the blotting papers are that expensive. Im sure you'll find them in almost any drugstore as there are alot of different brands that do them!

                                   NYX blotting paper $2.99 on CherryCulture.com here

2. Pressed Powder
I always take pressed powder and a small kabuki brush out with me to dust over my T Zone after using the blotting paper. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder!

 
£3.99 from boots





3. Pencil Eyeliner
I always take a black pencil eyeliner with me. I can't use a gel or liquid liner on my lower waterline so I like to take a pencil liner with me to reapply when needed! At the moment I'm using a Gosh Velvet Touch eyeliner in Black Ink.
£4.99 at Superdrug here

4. Lip Product
I always take whatever lip product I used that night, usually its a lipstick as I dont really like using a gloss on a night out as my hair just gets stuck to it and it just annoys me. If I'm not wearing a lipstick I'll just use my Dermalogica Climate Control Lip Treatment for a little shine without stickyness and take that with me.

 
£7.70 here

5. Blusher
Occasionally if I have room in my bag I'll throw in whatever blush I was using with a brush. The Body Shop have a really handy retractable blusher brush that's handy for throwing into your bag!

                                                                   £11.50 here

And that's it!
I thought I was being quite cut throat and wasnt taking a lot with me but maybe some people only take one thing? Or maybe this is waaay too little for someone else. Im interested to see what other people bring with them? Is there something I should be taking with me? Let me know :) x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x