Tuesday 3 November 2015

My Current Holy Grail Beauty Products


I'm a self confessed beauty product hoarder. I will literally try ANYTHING if I see even so much as one person raving about it. I'm constantly on the quest for a perfect product so I thought I would share with you all the products I currently consider my holy grail items. The products I repurchase and rave to everyone about! 

GARNIER MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER
 This is closely followed by the L'oreal Micellar Water but I always get the Garnier version purely because its a larger bottle for a cheaper price. WHO DOESN'T LOVE A BARGAIN. I love their mini version also, its so handy to throw in a bag for travelling or staying at a friends house! It removes every trace of makeup in a matter of minutes without too much vigorous rubbing.



MAC PREP & PRIME SKIN
I have super irritable skin, one wrong product and my face breaks out into hideous red itchy patches. So I've always struggled to find a good makeup primer that doesn't irritate my skin. I've found that the silicone textured primers tend to irritate my skin the most. I picked up the MAC Prep & Prime Skin a few years ago on a whim while I was in Brown Thomas with my Mam and I haven't looked back. In those few years I've tried other primers (most recently the Laura Mercier Radiance primer which I sooooo wanted to love - review coming soon!) also but always came back to this one!


LA ROCHE POSAY CICAPLAST BAUME 5 
Like I said above I have very irritable skin, I suffer with very bad dry patches on my face. I've always struggled with keeping them at bay. I actually received a sample of the La Roche Posay Cicaplast hand cream a while ago and loved the thickness and how moisturised my hands felt after using it that I went to the chemist to see if they had a face version (weird I know) but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they did, I tried it and oh my good god, I cannot describe how amazing it is. Instantly my skin felt smoother and within a few days of using it all of my dry patches were gone, my makeup applied smoother and no more flaky skin! 

MAC MINERALIZE SKIN FINISH IN SOFT & GENTLE
This is the business when it comes to highlighting. How did I live this long without it?! I only bought this about a month ago and I'm already obsessed. Seriously I look like a freakin' radiant fairy princess when I wear this.


BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO
Dry shampoo will forever be my best friend. I don't know who invented it but they need to be knighted or declared a saint or something. I have the oilest hair EVER. Not even being dramatic right now, oil just pours from my scalp. I could wash my hair tonight and by tomorrow afternoon it looks greasy. I refuse to wash it everyday, that just makes the problem worse, so I live for dry shampoo! I've tried a few versions, but always go back to Batiste, its the one that works for me and is the Bees Knees! I actually decided to be adventurous and fork out a small fortune on the Aussie one a few months ago, after 2 uses the spray top on it stopped working and all that sprayed out was liquid, I ended up throwing out the full can.


So that's my holy grail list, I do have a few products I picked up today in Boots to try out (their 3 for 2 sucked me in!) so hopefully fingers crossed one or two of those could be a HG product??

Until next time, EF xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x