Thursday 1 September 2016

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation - *REVIEW*



When I was in Madrid in June I spent a considerable amount of time in Sephora, some would say TOO much time. Anyway, I had arrived with a list of what I wanted. I was seriously disappointed because this particular Sephora was tiny and had NOTHING on my list. Great.


One item on my list was the Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I LOVE a good coverage heavy foundation and I had heard great things, unfortunately this particular Sephora did not have a shade that was light enough for me. The sales assistant literally looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had anything lighter. Maybe she thought I was an actual ghost and she was terrified. Who knows. Long story short I had a browse of the Kat Von D stand and picked up the Lock It Foundation, Concealer and Primer because why not adopt the whole family right? In hindsight I'm glad they did not have the MUFE foundation because the Lock It Foundation is legit my new holy grail foundation. I picked up the second from lightest shade which matches my skin perfectly. It doesn't oxidise throughout the day which I've noticed from other HD Foundations.

The coverage?? AMAZING. I have gotten so many questions about my foundation since I started wearing it. I went to an Angel Card Reader/Psychic (that's a whole other story) and the first thing she asked what was makeup I had on and made me write down the name before we started! Yes I know the cliche joke you're all about to make 'Shouldn't she have already known ha ha ha ha ha!'.

Despite it being full coverage it doesn't feel heavy or thick on the skin. It is very blend-able and doesn't take much effort to buff it in. I use one pump to cover my entire face. Two if I feel like really building it up. Also, its worth noting it's very buildable. Sometimes I find when you try to add a second layer with other foundations it just doesn't work and ends up flaky looking but this one layers beautifully. Blogger is not letting me add a photo from my phone at the moment so I will come back later on my laptop and add one but for now you can see it in action on my Instagram here;
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJIWcMEB03r/

My only negative is the packaging. I find it very bulky and takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag. But tbh I got over that pretty quickly. 

At the moment Kat Von D is not available in Ireland BUT it is launching in Debenhams in the next few months so I cannot WAIT to purchase a slightly darker shade for night time wear.

What other Kat Von D products can you not wait to try when it launches??

EF xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x