Friday 5 July 2013

The Bakewell Soap Company Luxurious Lips Moroccan Rose Lipbalm* Review




My God it feels like forever since I've done a beauty review!
Today, I'll be sharing this Cocoa Butter and Beeswax lipbalm* by the brand The Bakewell Soap Company
As some of you may know I constantly suffer with dry chapped lips (I don't know what it is about me) so I was excited to try a new lipbalm. What I love about this one is that its completely handmade and natural.
If you'd like to know more about the particular brand and all about how they got started you can click here.

Now, onto the lippie goodness!


 Luxurious Lips Moroccan Rose Lipbalm* £3.75 here


Ok lets talk packaging. How freakin' cute is this little heart tin?! Its adorable! Its the perfect size to fit in my pocket at work. 
All the lipbalms are made with cocoa butter, beeswax, sweet almond oil and vitamin E and are naturally coloured and naturally flavoured.


I apologise for the massive dent in the lipbalm, but I wanted to show the texture underneath as the top layer was a little hard and you had to break through it to get a good amount of product out, I spent like 5 minutes swirling my finger on the top layer waiting for it to soften like vaseline before I realised it was easier to just smash right into it haha. I would recommend smashing the whole top layer with your finger and kind of swirling it around to soften the product which I did AFTER these photos were taken.




There are a few little lumpy bits but once you rub it along your lips it softens quite quickly. 

This feels soooo good on your lips like oh my god. It doesn't feel sticky or greasy and gives your lips the perfect amount of shine without looking like you've stuck them in chip pan oil.
It lasts long too, I find some lipbalms absorb quite quickly leaving my lips feeling dry when I rub them together but this lasts well! I've only been using it about a day now and already my lips are noticeably softer and smoother! I always know immediately if a lipbalm is going to be good or not. 

I thought because its handmade and natural it would be quite expensive but its only £3.75 per pot. They come in 3 different 'flavours' - Peppermint & Lavender, Juicy Oranges and of course Moroccan Rose. You can purchase them here.

Emma xo

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x