Monday 23 November 2015

NARS Glossybox 2015!


You guuuyyyss it came! I've been waiting for this for days since getting my dispatch email. 
I do feel really bad for anyone who didn't manage to get one, I'm not going to get into that because it was a huge sh!tstorm and major drama over the issues people faced when trying to order the box. 
ANY HOO, I thought I'd do a post showing everyone what was included in the box in case you missed it.







The Multiple in Orgasm - ''The trick with this multu-use cult classic is to use it like a crayon. Rub a little on the back of your hand to warm it up, then dab along your cheekbones, lips, eyes and even body for a shimmery, warming contour. It's totally buildable - one stroke will highlight, two will provide a pinkish glow and three a healthy blush.''


 At first I thought this would be a fab blush but once blended it is VERY shimmery and glittery so I'm slightly on the fence with how this will look but I think it might be nice with an understated makeup look to give a little bit of a glow.

Blush in Orgasm - ''The perfect partner in crime for The Multiple. Use alone in the day for a delicate, natural-looking flush then layer it over The Multiple in the evening to create a luminous, intense finish. When it comes to blusher, it all lies in the application - so after your cheeks, blend a little into the hairline, along the jaw and on the tip of the nose, it'll work wonders.''

Orgasm blush is a NARS cult classic, everybody knows it so when I saw it in the box I was over the moon! I was a little bemused to read in the leaflet to apply it on the hairline, the jawline and the nose?? I've never heard of applying blusher to those areas, only bronzer so that's kind of peaked my interest a little. Although I assume I'll get some funny looks with a pink nose and jaw??

Audacious Mascara - ''For long and lustrous lashes, sweep a coat or two of NARS' latest mascara on your lashes - wiggling the wand from root to tip. Its clever brush design has a mix of long and short bristles, little lengthening hooks and is slightly tapered to lift, curl, and amplify your lashes. In one swipe of a mascara wand your lashes will be totally transformed, trust us.''

I love trying out new mascaras but I'm not sure anything will replace my current fave. Let the battle begin!

Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien - ''The dusty rose shade of this jumbo lip pencil is the perfect suits-all hue for autumn. Its silken texture drenches your pout in a slick of moisture-rich, creamy lipstick. Tap the pencil onto the centre of your lips and use your finger to smudge outwards for a kissed-off look that works day or night.''


I love the shade of this lip pencil! Its sheer colour and easy application makes it perfect for quick touch ups in work! 

Larger Than Life Long-wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto - ''If you're after an eyeliner that stays put, this is it (for 12 hours, may we add). The rich, creamy texture glides on and leaves a smudge-proof trail of intense black in its path. Rather than applying it in one motion, try sketching it on your desired shape for more control and a sleeker finish.''


This is the liner swatched on my arm. 


Immediately after taking the photo of the swatch I started to rub the liner line to remove it but it wouldn't budge! The photo above is after I gave it a reaaaalllly good rub! WOW!
I love a good eyeliner, especially a long wearing one. There's nothing worse than faded wings. I usually favour a liquid liner but that could easily change if this lasts as long as it says it does. Which judging by the swatches above it will!


Over all what are my thoughts on the box??
I am glad I managed to nab one, All the products are items I've been wanting to try for a while and will definitely use up. The price was very good for what you get and I'm glad I get to try the sample sizes first before I commit to buying the full sizes. But if you did miss out its not the end of the world, its just a box of samples. NO BIGGIE.

EF xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x